For almost thirty years Format Research has been carrying out quantitative studies on businesses, citizens and consumers. The activities of research, description and analysis of the phenomena are carried out by studying and building samples that are statistically representative of the universes of interest.
UNDERSTANDING THE EVOLUTION OF CONSUMER NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS, BUSINESS POLICIES, CITIZENS’ VOTING INTENTIONS. DATA AND INFORMATION TO ANTICIPATE THE TRENDS AND REDUCE THE RISKS RELATING TO ONE’S OWN ACTION ON THE MARKETS.
Have ready to use data and information to support one’s commercial action and / or to retain customers’ loyalty.
Understand the reasons why consumers and/or businesses use a product or service. Understand how a product/service is perceived both in absolute terms and with respect to the perception that customers can have of competitor products.
Precisely identify the perimeter of the demand for your products/services, segment your market, improve the business strategies put in place to reach your customers (consumers or businesses), oversee the action of competition.
- Business to Business (B2B) surveys on companies allow you to understand and analyse the purchasing policies of companies, the decisions in terms of investment, the reasons based on which they decide to rely on a particular supplier rather than another.
- Usage and Attitude (U&A) studies, for example, provide complete analyses of consumer behaviour towards a product or service, detecting how much they use it, when they use it, what they appreciate most about the product, what instead leaves them dissatisfied.
- Surveys on voting intentions allow us to describe and analyse the evolution of citizens’ consensus towards the different political formations, the choices made by politics, the acceptance of leaders, and so on.
CAREFUL STUDY OF THE STATISTICAL SAMPLING MODELS TO GUARANTEE THE RESULTS OF QUANTITATIVE STUDIES AND OF ESTIMATES.
For every study, we provide a detailed methodological note with the description of the sample design; the method used to build the ex-ante sample (“theoretical”) and ex-post (“actual) sample, i.e. the one that was actually used to carry out the analysis and identify the estimates; the calculation of sampling weights applied to the research universe; the confidence interval and the margin of error of the estimates; the sources used for the extraction of the sample statistical units and how they were extracted.
MODERN AND ADVANCED DATA COLLECTION TECHNIQUES, USED IN A DIFFERENTIATED WAY DEPENDING ON THE PHENOMENA THAT NEED TO BE STUDIED.
Format uses different data collection techniques depending on the phenomena under observation:
- Surveys based on telephone interviews (CATI System, Computer Assisted Telephone Interview).
- Surveys based on face-to-face interviews carried out with the help of devices such as tablets, personal computers, smartphones (CAPI System, Computer Assisted Personal Interview).
- Surveys based on online interviews ( CAWI system, Computer Assisted Web Interview).
- Surveys based on mixed method interviews (CATI/CAWI system)
- Surveys based on postal interviews (PAPI System, Personal And Pen Interview).
STRICT QUALITY, CERTIFIED AT THE APPLICATION OF THE DATA PRODUCTION PROCESS.
Format adopts a rigorous internal process to control the quality of the interviews, both during fieldwork and at the end of the study: continuous training of interviewers through briefing and debriefing sessions (including during the course of the fieldwork); constant monitoring of interviewer activity; listening to ongoing interviews; repetition of interviews with companies that have already been interviewed.
Format provides its customers with an account on their IT platform for the collection of CATI, CAPI and CAWI interviews , so that they can directly verify fieldwork progress in any way they want. Customers can access our data collection platforms through a normal Internet browser, using a password and in “read only” mode, i.e. without the possibility of modifying the data but checking the progress of the surveys and frequency distributions in progress.
APPLICATION OF MODERN AND CONSOLIDATED DATA ANALYSIS AND PROCESSING TECHNIQUES. FORMAT RESEARCH PRODUCES RESEARCH REPORTS CLEAR AND EXHAUSTIVE PRESENTATIONS.
Format employs differentiated data processing and analysis techniques: descriptive analysis, multivariate analysis, cluster analysis (e.g. to understand how a market is segmented), correspondence analysis (e.g. to understand one’s market positioning), conjoint analysis (e.g. to understand the factors that have the greatest impact on customers’ purchase or investment choices).